One of my bestest friends nominated my blog for an award. You can learn about her life here: Rebecca’s Ramblings
Becca and I connected years ago over a website that helped with handling loss. We finally met in person last year, when I had to handle loss of an entirely different nature. Needless to say, we’re amazingly close. We Skype, text, and talk irregularly like the best of friends do. When I was there, we became very close and discovered just how much we hold in common. Good and bad. It was amazing, even with everything that was going on. She proposed almost daily, I accepted several times. We’ll probably be those little old ladies that live together, drink wine nightly, and make crude jokes about the young neighbors in the distant future. It’ll be fantastic.
Since the Liebster Award is a blogger-to-blogger award, there are some “rules” that come with it, namely answering a lot of questions, and then nominating 11 blogs yourself (Check below to see if you’re one of them!).
DRUM-ROLL PLEASE! The blogs I am nominating for the Liebster Award are (in no particular order!):
I’m only choosing the four, as the others either chose me already, or are private and I’m not ousting them out of respect.
The rules are:
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
- One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
- One pastes the award picture into one’s blog.
11 random facts about me:
- I have been pregnant a total of 8 times and only have 3 amazing little men to show for it.
- I only wear ankle or knee socks, anything in-between makes me twitchy.
- I’ve only had cable for 6 months in my entire adult life, and I only feel like I’m “missing” stuff when Netflix doesn’t update fast enough to suit me.
- I have cut all of my hair off for locks of love twice now. Sadly, this last cut may have been my last time, as the auto-immune diseases have taken a toll on my hair.
- I took French my freshman year of high school and still remember quite a lot of it, I’m just rusty from lack of use. I took Spanish in college, passed with an A+ and don’t remember a bit of it.
- My friends refer to me as Monica from “Friends”, as I’m such a clean freak. I haven’t cleaned like that in several months as I’m so busy.
- I look at the keyboard when I type. I have no idea where the “home row” is, and was never taught properly how to type.
- I like to read the dictionary for fun.
- I became a huge Farmville addict when I was placed on bed rest with my second son. I haven’t played it in a few years now, and sometimes wonder what’s changed since I last played, but not enough to open it up.
- My toenails always have to be polished. I paint my fingernails maybe twice a year.
- I refer to my menstrual cycle as “Shark Week”, and pms-ing is “the sharks are circling”. It amuses me. And it gives others a clear warning that they should beware or become chum.
And now for the questions that my Becca wants answered:
- What is your favorite color and why?
Green. I hated it for years, as it is the color of my birthstone, and I was tired of people shoving green down my throat. But I also find comfort in it. Nature is my religion. It’s the place I feel free, safe, renewed. And somewhere around the age of 12 it hit me that I love this color, and I’m just lucky enough to have it as my birthstone too. (Plus, I have a whole lotta Irish in me, so I’m sure that helps.)
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Did it play into your choice of careers now?
I wanted to be the first rock star astronaut ballerina to hold a concert on the moon. And no, I really don’t think that played into my current professions. In the 2nd grade I did write a book with a friend. That one has just always been in my blood. So yes, that has played into be being an author and writer now.
- How many addresses have you lived at?
I have no damn clue. I moved a LOT as a child. As an adult I have moved to 8 different addresses.
- What is your favorite cartoon character and why?
None that I can think of. Honestly, I just tolerate the lot of them for my kids. Now if you’re asking anime, I’d have to say Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist. He’s smart as hell, has a temper like me, and he’s pretty for a drawn dude.
- What are the top three adjectives you’d use to describe yourself?
Vast. Capable. Unwritten.
- Would you rather lose your sight or your hearing? Why?
Hearing. Because I could still see my boys become men, see their smiles and remember their laughter as it is now, and talk via our hands and hearts.
- Why do you blog? Because I tend to keep everything to myself. It’s freeing to let your thoughts, memories, and personal world out. To share your drop of life with the rest of the ocean.
- What would you do if you had unlimited funds?
Move. Pay off debts. Help others. Travel. Write full time. Donate. There’s so much I could do with unlimited funds. So, my answer in, the possibilities are endless.
- What is your favorite song?
The Devil’s Dance Floor by Flogging Molly
- What’s on your mind?
Everything. Writing. Cleaning. Relaxing. Sleeping. Moving. Work. Cuddling. Bills. Eating.
- If you could have one wish for the future that would come true, what would it be? To follow my bliss, find it, and enjoy it.
And the questions I pose to the blogs I chose are:
- What is your favorite line from a book?
- Where do you hope to be five years from now? What are you doing to make it happen?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What 3 moments from your life do you think has had the greatest impact on who you are now?
- What is your favorite scent?
- If you could change one major thing from your past, what would it be?
- Have you laughed today?
- What’s your favorite joke?
- What 5 places do you want to travel to?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Are you ticklish?
So I just discovered that I was nominated by two blogs at the same time. So to answer my Beefy’s questions as well, because I’m fair, and not an attention whore… *ahem* Shut it.
1. What is your favorite brand of frozen pizza?
Freschetta Brick Oven. Nommm.
2. What is your favorite item at McDonald’s?
Double fish filet with extra sauce.
3. Have you ever been to Disney Land or World?
No. To either. I plan to take the boys when the babies are old enough to enjoy it, but the preteen is young enough to get over his teenage angst and love it too.
4. Favorite display in your local zoo.
The otters. They are always so playful. And awake. I always have this weird timing of getting to the zoo when all of the animals are napping. Doesn’t matter if I go in the morning, afternoon, or evening. I always get there when the animals are napping.
5. Tastiest beer.
Guinness. I’m an Irish girl, what can I say?
6. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
Humor. I like to make people laugh. I also like to make people’s days easier and more enjoyable.
7. Favorite Beatles song?
I hate the Beatles. I know, you all are judging me now. But I said it.
8. What’s better, original 3 Star Wars movies, or newest 3?
9. What was your favorite pet?
My cat Pumpkin. That girl got me like no other.
10. Tic Tacs, breath mint or candy?
11. Tic Tacs, favorite flavor?
Strawberry. It’s hard as hell to find.